Monday, May 28, 2007

Driving Out West

Travel Day 1- drove from Concord, NH to Arlington, VA to stay with a friend from Bates, Dayna. (Thanks Dayna!).
Travel Day 2-drove from Arlington, VA to Maryville, TN
rest day to pack up the RV and try to fix my cell phone (which fell apart somewhere in VA).
Travel Day 3-drove from Maryville, TN to Kingdom City, Missouri
Travel Day 4-Kingdom City, MO to Chamberlin, SD
Travel Day 5-Chamberlin, SD to Garryowen, Montana. Which is where I am now. We stopped at Mount Rushmore and Skip's whole family surprised him by being there waiting for him. It was his birthday on Monday. It was really nice of them and he was definitely surprised. Also, I'd say that this is a beautiful country and I am amazed at how much the landscape changes, but I think that more people should carve faces out of rock outcrops...

It's been a lot of driving and I've taken lots of pictures, but I can't wait to start biking. We're headed to Washington state today and probably only 350 miles to drive on Tuesday to get to Astoria, Oregon. Hope everyone is well.

No comments: