Saturday, July 7, 2007

Day39, 7/7/07 Newton, KS to Eureka, KS 78.8 miles

More corn, very warm, glad we got another early start. I caught a nice sunrise this morning. More cornfields and in the cornfields are oil wells, it's very odd, I tried to take a picture of the wells next to the corn but it was bad lighting and the bugs were eating us alive. We met several cyclists today that were doing an assortment of tours. One happened to be from Penacook, NH, he had ridden from NH to VA and is basically doing the same route as us, but from East to West. I'm at a library in Eureka right now updating my blog, I'm not sure how long it'll be until we have internet access again. It's much harder since we hit Kansas to even find a place to stay at night and internet may be very hard to find in the next 2.5 to 3 weeks. But keep on checking and I'll update when possible. Hope everyone is having a great summer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kel,

Nice work so far. I had not had a chance to check the blog lately so I just caught up on 17 days or so of your trip. What an amazing experience. It must really be something to see the country at that speed. Something I defintely know that I have not experienced just driving across. Can't wait to see more as you cross into Missouri and then go over the Mighty Miss.

Keep it up, Josh